**Please note that the dates for this program are tentative.**
Innovation. Easy to say, hard to make happen. In today's post-recession economy, the game has changed. What worked for us in the past no longer does. We need to find new ways to create growth in our business. But how do we reinvent our organizations... and ourselves?
In this rigorous, multi-session program, you'll work with your team to explore and master research-proven and real world-tested methods to bring about new value for your company. You'll begin by
understanding what works in bringing about transformations in organizations large and small.
You'll then begin to channel your creative thinking like you never have before. You'll test high-potential ideas and examine blind spots in collaborative, interactive work sessions. Then, you'll
identify an innovation opportunity in your organization and work with faculty and peers to develop a plan to realize it. You will put your plans into purposeful action. Finally, you'll learn how to teach
others to innovate and develop a cadre of leaders within your organization who collectively can produce real growth and competitive new opportunities for your organization. You'll emerge with
a comprehensive roadmap to reinvent your organization and the ability to move it forward.
- You'll bring a formidable challenge or ambitious opportunity from your organization and work closely with faculty and peers throughout the program to develop a comprehensive plan to realize change. You'll have the support and input of faculty and peers as you begin to implement your plan and emerge fully prepared to carry out the initiative over time to great effect.
- Assessments of yourself and your organization will help you identify areas in need of innovation and the capabilities you have to bring about change.
- Interactive, multimedia activities will stimulate your thinking and help you master new skills.
- Individualized coaching from faculty throughout the program will help you hone your unique skills.
- Through lively discussions, group projects, collegial dining and networking activities, and online learning communities, you'll collaborate with a diverse and accomplished group of leaders with a passion for innovation in business.
- Program faculty bring multidisciplinary thinking from their work across the University of Michigan's units, including medicine, science, engineering, and more.
This unique program consists of two on-campus residencies over a six-month period. Between residencies, you'll complete distance learning assignments and collaborate with peers in online communities of practice. Throughout the program you'll develop, refine, and implement a customized plan to bring about a significant innovation initiative at your organization. Participants will spend an average of four hours per week on program activities when not on campus.
- Certification as a professional innovator from Michigan Ross means you'll have the skills, acumen, and credibility to take calculated risk and drive game-changing innovation for your organization.
- New ways to think creatively will have you seeing what others don't see and cultivating new ideas for real business results.
- Heightened confidence and skills in initiating change will have you thinking bigger, more creatively, and with higher expectations of your team.
- The customized, comprehensive plan you develop and begin to implement during your time in the program will help you realize impact immediately.
- As you learn to mentor and teach other leaders to promote innovation, you'll propel a culture of innovation throughout your organization.
Who Should Attend
- Proven leaders looking to define the next chapter for their organization and their career
- Professionals such as doctors, scientists, and engineers who see opportunities in their profession and want the business savvy to take good ideas to commercial reality
- Managers who are yearning for the credibility and tool kit to channel their expertise toward more creative, value creating, and game-changing business pursuits
- Creative types who want to gain the business acumen to apply innovative insight to industry
Director of Corporate Learning
Michigan Ross Executive Education